Sunday, January 10, 2016



January 8,2016

Last week in Relief Society our lesson was on making "Resolutions or Setting Goals," for the new year.  As we discussed making resolutions, I reflected on what I have been studying for my lesson in Relief Society this week, "Jesus Christ-Our Only Way to Hope and Joy." One of the scriptural quotes is Matthew 22:42; it states "What think ye of Christ?" My mind was drawn swiftly to a video that Roger brought home many years ago.  It was in the first rough draft stage; we loved it.  There is a beautiful rendition of "Jesus Was No Ordinary Man" and wonderful video of the Savior; then Dalin Oaks, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, takes a few minutes to ask: "What Think Ye of Christ."  I loved that video; it was later put on the "Family Home Evening Video Supplements," and we would play it over and over again in our home.  

So I turned inward and decided to explore what I truly think of Christ.  Do I do more than say my personal prayers, or read a chapter in the scriptures each day?  Have I helped anyone in need lately, have I cheered up a sad person and made them feel glad, have I given my all to this wonderful mission? I decided I need to have Jesus Christ in my thoughts and actions more often.  I need his guidance in making decisions, I need to find joy in every day and serve mankind with a joyful heart.  I am sure there are more things that I need, but I decided to start simple.

First I will still do my prayers and scripture study, but I need to have him in my thoughts more during the day. SO, I have set an alarm to go off at two odd times of the day, and when I hear it, I get up from what I am doing and find something that will bring him to my thoughts.  I have read scriptures, played hymns on the piano, watched movies over at the theater, I have even brought Roger into conversations discussing the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

I have loved this week.  What do I think of Christ?  I am learning a whole new dimension of love, patience, desire to do good, and I am finding joy in each day.  Will this last forever? I hope so!




Jesus the very thought of thee
With sweetness fills my breast;
But sweeter far thy face to see
And in they presence rest.

Nor voice can sing, nor heart can frame,
Nor can the memory find
A sweeter sound than thy blessed name,
O Savior of mankind!

O hope of every contrite heart,
O joy of all the meek,
To those who fall, how kind thou art!
How good to those who seek!

Jesus, our only joy be thou,
As thou our prize wilt be;
Jesus, be thou our glory now,
And thru eternity.

Bernard of Clairvaux
1091-1153





No comments:

Post a Comment