Thursday, April 21, 2016

Last Day!


April 21, 2015

Tomorrow will be our last day to give tours at the Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial.  I will miss this blessing. I have gained a greater love for the Prophet Joseph and all he was willing to go through to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ back to the earth. I will be forever grateful for this opportunity.

The visitors are starting to come in greater numbers now.  I love being busy.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to give a tour to a family of six.  The mother and father were hearing impaired. The oldest daughter (8 years old) knew all the stories of Joseph Smith's life.  I was astounded at her knowledge.  Her little brother was not far behind her in knowing the stories.  The parents could hear little, but could read lips. To watch this little 8 year old help her parents, when they were not sure what I was saying, by signing it to them was amazing.  I was touched so deeply by this kind of love that I could hardly keep the tears back.  They love the Savior Jesus Christ. I have seen this kind love from children many times while here. 



I have noticed that the testimonies of the youth here are amazing. They pride themselves in knowing all they can about Joseph.  They stand up for who they are and are never afraid to say they are members of the Church. Roger was called to be the "Old Sunday School Teacher" a year ago.  It has been an experience that he will never forget. He has learned to love these youth and who they are in God's plan. He was the "Old Sunday School Teacher" because they have two classes, the "Old" and the "Young," not because he is old. These youth will miss him, but I think he will miss them more.


I am grateful we have had this opportunity.  I will miss the missionaries we have served with; I will miss the beauty of this site. I will miss the wonderful people from the South Royalton Ward who have loved us.  I will miss giving my full attention to missionary work. I will miss giving tours and testifying of the Savior Jesus Christ. I will miss Vermont. I have been blessed.


In the above picture, Roger is waiting by the Monument while I do my walking. I will miss this safe, peaceful place to walk.







No comments:

Post a Comment